The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
Institute type Universities
Area Haifa Area
Date of recognition 17/11/1959
Budgeting Publicly funded institutions

The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology focuses on engineering and exact sciences. Its main campus is located in Nave Sha’anan. The Technion has 18 faculties and academic units. The Technion was the first institution of higher education in Israel and is the most veteran and leading institution in Israel in the field of technological research. It works to further the State of Israel and humanity in the development of human capital, leadership and the creation of knowledge. In the 1950’s, the Technion separated from the Zionist organizations and became an independent institution, changing its name to the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology. The areas of research expanded and faculties for teaching were opened: biology, agricultural engineering, aeronautical engineering, food engineering, materials engineering, industrial engineering and management, and a faculty for technological education. The departments of mathematics, chemistry and physics became separate departments and a separate department for humanistic and artistic studies was opened. For many years, the Technion was the only institution in Israel that trained engineers.

Address
Kiriat HaTechnion, Haifa 32000
Phone
04-8292111
Fax
04-8325537